[OTDev] IDs for features, feature_definitions ...

Christoph Helma helma at in-silico.de
Wed Sep 30 13:29:20 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Nina Jeliazkova's message of Tue Sep 29 17:40:10 +0200 2009:
> Tobias Girschick wrote:
> > A further problem with complete URIs as IDs is, that if one decides to
> > move the server or just change the port, all the IDs are wrong!
> >
> If one moves the server/port , perhaps it needs to be considered a new
> service ?  Why you would consider this an issue?

I would see this behaviour as a feature (you are always working with the
correct service). If you decide that the new service is compatible with
the old one, you can still run a database migration that modifies the
URIs.

Regards,