[OTDev] ARFF mime type

Tobias Girschick tobias.girschick at in.tum.de
Wed Sep 30 14:06:10 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Wed, 2009-09-30 at 13:48 +0200, Andreas Maunz wrote:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> Christoph Helma wrote:
> > Excerpts from Nina Jeliazkova's message of Tue Sep 29 16:01:03 +0200 2009:
> >>>>
> >> Since nobody answered so far, I would try to. PMML has been discussed
> >> and agreed to be a good choice for model exchange format.  The main
> >> issue currently is limited (read only and not for all type of models)
> >> Weka support for PMML models.   With some efforts this might be
> >> resolved, what is more challenging is how to make use of PMML for
> >> specific SAR and (Q)SAR models, for example those based on structural
> >> alerts. In particular it is not clear to me how to describe Toxtree in
> >> PMML in a generic way and I am curious if Christoph has a solution for
> >> the lazar system.
> >
> > Having a quick look at PMML I have found a TreeModel
> > (http://www.dmg.org/v4-0/TreeModel.html), but I have no idea if that
> > could work for Toxtree. I have found nothing about the representation of
> > nearest neighbor models and it lacks also graph mining models.
> SVMs are frequently used with fragment descriptors and there is support
> for SVMs in PMML. Nearest neighbor models are currently not supported.

We do have nearest neighbour models, too. So the lack of representation
in PMML is a problem for us, too. The decision trees might make use of
the TreeModel but I would have to check that in detail. The same holds
for PLSregression which may be covered with the GeneralRegression
(http://www.dmg.org/v4-0/GeneralRegression.html).

Regards,
Tobias

> Greetings