[OTDev] Authentication and authorisation for OpenTox REST services

Christoph Helma helma at in-silico.de
Wed Sep 30 14:44:49 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Some more requirements: In the long term we might want to share data
between users and groups (as in CCD http://www.collaborativedrug.com/),
but to protect them from the outside.

This would need
	- user and group permissions (read/write)
	- permission inheritance
		Example use case:
			- a user creates a new dataset with restricted permissions
	  	- another user creates features from this dataset
	  	- the feature dataset should have the same permissions as the
	  	  original dataset
			- another user creates a prediction model from this dataset
			- the prediction model should have the same permissions as the
	  	  original dataset
			- the dataset owner decides to make the dataset public
			- all derived datasets/models should become public

PS Do you have the impression that FOAF+SSL is ready for production
systems?

Excerpts from Nina Jeliazkova's message of Wed Sep 30 10:30:48 +0200 2009: