[OTDev] Authentication and authorisation for OpenTox REST services

Andreas Maunz andreas at maunz.de
Thu Oct 1 09:34:04 CEST 2009

Dear Nina, All,

Nina Jeliazkova wrote:
>> PS Do you have the impression that FOAF+SSL is ready for production
>> systems?
>>
> FOAF+SSL is indeed appealing, but very very new. I have seen some Java
> code claiming to support it, but prefer not to judge before really
> trying how it works.  May be we could design a feasibility study with
> Java from our side and  Andreas taking care of Ruby integration.

Yesterday afternoon I had a closer look at FOAF+SSL. It is very
appealing due to it's inherent support for single sign-on mechanisms.

It seems however, only the authentication part is covered but not the
authorization part. The latter would require additional effort on our
side, apart from the yet-missing libraries to support it on several
technological platforms.

Greetings
Andreas