[OTDev] RDF as a common exchange format for OpenTox ?

Nina Jeliazkova nina at acad.bg
Fri Oct 2 08:24:38 CEST 2009

Hello All,

I am tempted to propose RDF as a standard exchange format for OpenTox
resources. Instead of custom XML schemas and custom name spaces, we can make
use of existing RDF name spaces. This should also work nice with ontologies
and integrating data from different sources.

>From technical point of view, RDF/XML can be considered just a XML with
specific name spaces.  It seems there are plenty of libraries for different
languages and frameworks.

Last but not least RDF offers a way to denote multiple URI point to the same
object ;)

Before spending more efforts into designing RDF for different objects from
OpenTox API, I think a discussion is necessary. I am sure there are at least
few people with experience in RDF on this list and we'll be very interested to
hear your comments.