[OTDev] RDF as a common exchange format for OpenTox ?

Nina Jeliazkova nina at acad.bg
Fri Oct 2 15:24:44 CEST 2009

Egon, Vladimir,

Thanks for clarification.  I mean indeed Resource Description Framework
http://www.w3.org/RDF/, which is used to in semantic web to describe
very different objects, not only chemistry-related.

The idea is to describe each of OpenTox resources and their
relationships in RDF , ideally, using existing RDF descriptions for
common objects like molecules , properties, units, etc. eventually
define our objects and define the relationships between them. RDF and
OWL (ontologies) can be used together, thus specifying metadata for
objects in a standardized way.

MDL's RDF is not related to Resource Description Framework, it is a
coincidence the abbreviation is the same.