[OTDev] In house XML schemas for Model Objects vs the PMML schema

Rajarshi Guha rajarshi.guha at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 13:33:37 CEST 2009

On Oct 5, 2009, at 5:22 AM, Tobias Girschick wrote:

> Regarding problems with PMML. At the moment it seems like we are not
> able to give a PMML representation for every type of model (e.g.
> Toxtree), so in my opinion we should stick to the XMLs for those cases
> until there is either a PMML solution or another acceptable
> alternative.
> The question is, do we want a mixed solution: PMML where possible (and
> XML on explicit user request) and XML were PMML is not possible?

One possibility is to develop PMML representations for the model types
not supported by PMML. While it'd still be non-standard PMML, it might
be possible to send the new model types to the PMML maintainers and
have it included in the spec in the future

Rajarshi Guha        | NIH Chemical Genomics Center
http://www.rguha.net | http://ncgc.nih.gov