[OTDev] Life Sciences Identifiers ( On unique IDs )

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 10:34:17 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 10:25 AM, Christoph Helma <helma at in-silico.de> wrote:
> Excerpts from Nina Jeliazkova's message of Fri Oct 02 17:06:44 +0200 2009:
>> We could consider Life Sciences Identifiers  approach
>> http://lsids.sourceforge.net/
>
> Looks like a good option. I was already tempted to use the info URI
> scheme
> (http://info-uri.info/registry/OAIHandler?verb=GetRecord&metadataPrefix=reg&identifier=info:inchi/)
> as chemical identifier, but I have settled for pure InChIs instead of adding "info:inchi/".

If not mistaken, LSID requires to set up a server for resolving
identifiers... that is, if you use a new LSID, you are responsible for
making that one lead to information.

Regarding InChIs, I have some time ago set up a service that resolves
InChIs to RDF, with a few links to other RDF resources. It works for
*any* InChI:

http://rdf.openmolecules.net/?InChI=1/CH4/h1H4

(If only the service was not down right now :( I'm exploring that... )

Egon

--
Post-doc @ Uppsala University
Homepage: http://egonw.github.com/