[OTDev] Missing values [was Re: DataSet]

Nina Jeliazkova nina at acad.bg
Wed Oct 7 11:06:19 CEST 2009

Christoph Helma wrote:
> Excerpts from Yap Chun Wei's message of Wed Oct 07 10:03:28 +0200 2009:
>
>> I have just joined a few days ago so pardon me if I am saying something that
>> has been discussed before. Would it be better to adopt the standards used in
>> PMML for representing datasets? For example, if you look at the specifications
>> for the SupportVectorMachineModel, we can use the same idea of how it stores
>> the support vectors using VectorDictionary to store a dataset. Just have to
>> couple it with the DataDictionary so that information about the features are
>> available.
>>

> Yes we have discussed that before - PMML is not (yet) generic enough to
> cover all of our models. One possible option was to create PMML

Plus, there is no support in PMML for including URI to dataset and other
types of resources, though adding such could be considered another
extension.

There is a general consensus within OpenTox (correct me if I am wrong)
that PMML support is important, but mostly for exporting models, rather
than internal exchange format.