[OTDev] Compound API

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 13:18:32 CET 2009

Hi Nina,

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Nina Jeliazkova <nina at acad.bg> wrote:
> Egon Willighagen wrote:
>> A second question... is anyone already working on a newBSD/MIT/LGPL
>> licensed Java libary for OpenTox API clients?
>>
> AFAIK, not at this moment, since we are heavily on the design phase
> still. But Ambit is LGPL licensed and it will make sense at certain
> point to clean up dependencies and split the REST related code into a
> separate project.

Yes, I think that makes sense. OT: I hope to look soon in more detail
at the AMBIT code, and pick bits for integration into the CDK (viz.
the pKa prediction; never got my SMARTS based code to work
properly)...

>> Finally, I would suggest JSON to be added to the list of (optional)
>> output formats, which makes it easy to use the OpenTox API from
>> JavaScript libraries...
>>
> Should be fine as optional format.  BTW, could you recommend any of the
> existing Javascript libraries ?

No, but have been talking a couple of times with people from that
scene... I think some of the Userscripts for Life Science (see BMC
Bioinfo paper) are using JSON too...

Egon

--
Post-doc @ Uppsala University