[OTDev] FP7 Health Alternative Testing Call

Barry Hardy barry.hardy at douglasconnect.com
Fri Nov 13 10:55:30 CET 2009

Dear All:

As some of you are aware, there is an FP7 Health call out in alternative
testing methods due early February which will support two major projects
of OpenTox relevance - one in computer modelling (PBPK, TTC, QSAR,
pathways/mechanisms etc...) and one in data management and analysis. I
will put my available effort into supporting the development of a
proposal for the latter.

It would also be qood to see a good quality computer modelling proposal
prepared which would build and extend on the OpenTox framework which
could provide a very helpful foudation for such modelling area
extensions.  If not done, I suspect significant resources will be wasted
on inferior designed and less interoperable approaches.  I will be
pleased to advise and support on such a proposal, but I will not have
the capacity to lead it.

It is also good to see the move in expanding R&D in human-based
cell/organ/systems biology approaches as replacement methods, which as
with the ToxCast program, will drive new modelling requirements and
innovation.

Barry