[OTDev] validation and reporting workflow

Tobias Girschick tobias.girschick at in.tum.de
Fri Dec 4 08:55:43 CET 2009

Hello Martin,

another thing, that is not clear to me is that you write "The following
chart illustrates the possible working process of validating an
algorithm" (http://www.opentox.org/data/documents/development/validation/validation-and-reporting-overview-and-data-flow)
and further below you say the reports described are "reports for model
validation".
In my opinion, the OpenTox user usually will validate a model, not an
algorithm. On the other hand, if you build "the same" (everything except
algorithm identical) model with two or three different algorithms (or
algorithm parameters), you can validate the algorithms (regarding this
dataset/model).

best Regards,
Tobias

--