[OTDev] Some Questions

Nina Jeliazkova nina at acad.bg
Mon Dec 21 21:13:46 CET 2009

Martin Guetlein wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Tobias Girschick wrote:
>
>> Hello Nina,
>>
>> On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 14:21 +0200, Nina Jeliazkova wrote:
>> [...]
>>>>

>>> Yes, especially for nominals, it would be better to introduce subclass
>>> of Feature, rather than using XSD types for denoting the types.  I might
>>> try to extend opentox.owl next days.
>>>

>> This would be great. At the moment, classification is not possible as it
>> relies on a nominal target feature. Will this be reflected in the
>> text/x-arff, too?
>>

> Apart from feature value type I would like to have a "feature range"
> as well. This should be a property of a feature, which gives me all
> the possible feature values of a nominal feature (e.g. active,
> moderately-active, inactive). This is needed when validating a
> prediction algorithm.
>
> What do you think?

Yes, we might extend  opentox.owl class with a NominalFeature , a
subclass of Feature and introduce a property like ot:nominalValues ,
which allows specifying set of String values. If a dataset includes such
NominalFeature , one would be able to retrieve set of values ,that are
allowed by inspecting values of the ot:nominalValues property.

This will be more or less equivalent to Weka nominal attributes, where
the allowed values are listed in the ARFF file header .