[OTDev] Fwd: SW Development process...SL update

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 10:19:20 CET 2009

Hi all,

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 3:52 AM, Vedrin Jeliazkov
<vedrin.jeliazkov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Online version of Prediction using OpenTox API ====> Just Started
> Issues we are wrestling with:
> 1) Rapid evolution of API and quick turns on testing is presenting a
> moving target.
> 2) Unclear about whether we should fit our algorithm into Blue Obelix

Sorry for having been silent in the last few weeks... trying to
bootstrap a research group, and getting funding is eating too much
time...

Evolution of the Blue Obelisk algorithm and QSAR descriptor ontology
is still going, and you'll find a full current version in the QSAR
project repository:

http://qsar.svn.sf.net/viewvc/qsar/trunk/qsar-dicts/

For those who are not familiar with the ontology and it's use as
dictionary of QSAR descriptors, please check out the Blue Obelisk
paper, 10.1021/ci050400b.

> 3) Should we host our software on our own servers or yours? What is
> the recommended strategy?
> 4) There is no prior experience with RDF/OWL, we will need some help here.

I'd very much like to assist here...

Nina, if there are blockers, please ping me offlist as well, which
will raise a bit of priority on my side...

(PS, I'd be very much interested in knowing if what calls OpenTox
participates in and to join in, as I'd love to have resources to work
on it as part of my job description too, not just as a side thing...)

Egon

--
Post-doc @ Uppsala University
Homepage: http://egonw.github.com/