[OTDev] Fwd: SW Development process...SL update

Rajarshi Guha rajarshi.guha at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 14:12:31 CET 2009

On Dec 22, 2009, at 4:32 AM, Egon Willighagen wrote:

>>> 5) Unable to make the R part of the code native to java as yet.
>>> Still
>>> trying a few things. This hinders our ability to provide the API
>>> interface.
>>>
>> I am aware of at least one Java - R integration, namely The CDK
>> library
>> (*http://cdk*.*sourceforge*.*net*/)  has R integration since few
>> years -
>> it might help if you consult the code there. And AFAIK the author of
>> CDK-R code is on this list as well, so please do ask specific
>> questions
>> on the development mailing list.
>
> Not sure if Rajarshi is on the list yet, but he indeed wrote various
> levels of integration, calling R from a Java environment is one.
>
> Have a look at http://www.omegahat.org/RSJava/, which has a section on
> 'Calling R from Java'.

I'm here :)

Indeed, RSJava is one way to make calls to R from Java. However, the
preferred solution is to us JRI (which is what the CDK-R bridge uses)
which has a much more robust interface

Rajarshi Guha        | NIH Chemical Genomics Center
http://www.rguha.net | http://ncgc.nih.gov