[OTDev] API 1.1. extensions - Numeric and Nominal data type implemented

chung chvng at mail.ntua.gr
Mon Feb 1 21:54:52 CET 2010

Hi Nina,
 I'm trying to make some improvements on the services so except for the
migration from restlet2 m3 to m7 I was thinking of introducing some
execution pool (e.g. an ExecutorService or -why not- something
'homemade') and establish a queue for the incoming requests (especially
those characterized as time-consuming and memory-consuming ones). This
way I will be able to manage all running tasks on the server and make
some performance improvements I hope. Is there some standard way of
doing this? Could you suggest some executor or some utility to manage
the running threads and do you know if there is some way to specify the
maximum number of running threads for Restlet?

Best Regards,
Pantelis