[OTDev] API 1.1. extensions - Numeric and Nominal data type implemented

surajit ray mr.surajit.ray at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 05:39:58 CET 2010

Hi Nina,

Are we officially supposed to use the restlet2 m7 ?

At this point I have few questions about this interaction
a) Once a time consuming calculation is over - should the server notify an
attached client about the result OR just sit with the data at a specified
URL till it is fetched by the client ? (In the REST interface is it
allowable for the server to contact a connected client ?)
b) Should the server identify the client requesting the computation and
authenticate before delivering the data OR give it to any client requesting
the URI of the predicted/computed values ?
c) How long should the computed values be retained on the server OR should
there be REST interface for destroying (and hence freeing up resources) a
set of computed values ?
d) Should there be an "account" like system for every client on the server ?
If yes - should the data generated by a client be attached to that "account"
or available to all ? Should the computed data persist indefinitely in each
of these "accounts" ?

Cheers
Surajit

Surajit Ray