[OTDev] Are there some sample dataset services available ?

Nina Jeliazkova nina at acad.bg
Sat Feb 20 06:33:39 CET 2010

surajit ray wrote:
> Hi Nina,
>
> tried a few ... for example
>  (with mime type application/rdf+xml)
>
> http://ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg:8080/ambit2/compound/3287/conformer/262287
> http://ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg:8080/ambit2/compound/17611/conformer/262288
> http://ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg:8080/ambit2/compound/3287/conformer/262287
>
> I tried the same with Chemical mime type and got an sdf file ...
>
> However I could not get a SMILE string anywhere in the response ....
> do I have to do something else to get a smile string in a response ?

Have you tried mime type "chemical/x-daylight-smiles"  ?  This will you
give you SMILES string.

> Also is there an easy way to get a set of molecules and their smiles.
> This currently looks like I have to first get and iterate over the rdf
> model and then send individual get requests (with chemical mime type)
> to get the SDF file (how to get SMILE - i still dont know ...)
The SDF/MOL itself contains structures, no need of SMILES; if only
SMILES is what you are looking for, use mime type
"chemical/x-daylight-smiles" . I think Christoph is using SMILES as well.

Regards,
Nina