[OTDev] Performance testing and monitoring

Vedrin Jeliazkov vedrin.jeliazkov at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 13:44:58 CET 2010

Hi Surajit,

On 18 March 2010 00:00, surajit ray <mr.surajit.ray at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could you restart the smoke-ping-bombing (I like to call it that !) on our
> server. Did some mods - want to see how fast the resources are exhausted.

OK -- I've restarted SL's probe at Thu Mar 18 14:00:00 EET 2010.

> For your information it is a p4 machine - so I have put the acceptable
> number of pending tasks at the grand total of 5 ! Any tasks submitted will
> be refused if the pending tasks already are over this limit. Hope this helps
> it hold out for acceptable time periods ...

Well, for the time being I've reduced both the number of requests
being sent per target (10 --> 3) and the frequency of the probing
(1/300 -> 1/600 Hz). This would result in the following pair of
requests being sent to your service 3 times every 10 minutes:

curl http://opentox2.informatik.uni-freiburg.de:8080/MaxtoxTest/rest/model
curl -X POST -d
'compound_uri=http://ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg:8080/ambit2/compound/17611'
http://opentox2.informatik.uni-freiburg.de:8080/MaxtoxTest/model/1

I hope that this wouldn't be too aggressive.

As a side note, I've noticed that curl
http://opentox2.informatik.uni-freiburg.de:8080/MaxtoxTest/rest/model
doesn't return a reference to
http://opentox2.informatik.uni-freiburg.de:8080/MaxtoxTest/model/1,
while it should. Could you check this and make sure that the list of
existing models is included in the response to the first query? While
working on this, you could make use of the Ontology playground here:

http://ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg:8080/ambit2/ontology/test?search=+http%3A%2F%2Fopentox2.informatik.uni-freiburg.de%3A8080%2FMaxtoxTest%2Frest%2Fmodel

In particular, when you fix the problem, a reference to model 1 should
appear in the "Model [http://www.opentox.org/api/1.1#Model]"  section
at the bottom of the ontology playground page.

According to opentox.owl, the RDF represnetation of a model should
include a statement that the model is of type
<http://www.opentox.org/api/1.1#Model> (or if abbreviated - ot:Model)
, e.g. there should be a triple like

<http://opentox2.informatik.uni-freiburg.de:8080/MaxtoxTest/model/1>
rdf:type ot:Model .

Kind regards,
Vedrin

PS: You might want to check the output of the following two queries as
an example of RDF representations of list of models and specific
model:

curl -H "Accept:application/rdf+xml"
http://opentox.informatik.tu-muenchen.de:8080/OpenTox-dev/model
curl -H "Accept:application/rdf+xml"