[OTDev] Task redirect

Tobias Girschick tobias.girschick at in.tum.de
Tue Apr 27 11:24:27 CEST 2010

Hi All,

On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 11:52 +0300, Nina Jeliazkova wrote:
> Hello Tobias,
>
> Tobias Girschick wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > we removed the redirect from the TUM task services as suggested by
> > Martin. All Tasks now return the resulting URI and status code 200 on
> > finishing. No automatic redirects anymore.
> >
> Just to clarify - if a model completes execution and posts the result
> dataset to the dataset service, what will be returned - 200 or 202 ?

Now I return 200. How are other groups handling this, e.g. Pantelis?
Martin?
Nina told me that returning 200 will cause Problems with ToxPredict (at
the moment). What exactly is expected by the validation services?

We definitely need a uniform solution here. What do other developers
think? I have no problem returning 202 on completion (calculation
completion) if the complete job is still not done (e.g. AMBIT upload
initiated by my service).

regards,
Tobias

--