[OTDev] descriptor recalculation

Andreas Maunz andreas at maunz.de
Fri Apr 30 11:40:06 CEST 2010

> To make it short, one POSTs a dataset + parameters  to
> /algorithm/fminer , and receives the result dataset, where for each
> feature ot:hasSource points to  /algorithm/fminer/my_new_fminer_instance.
> The latest encapsulates the dataset+parameters and allows new
> dataset/compounds to be POSTed to
> /algorithm/fminer/my_new_fminer_instance , resulting in the dataset with
> calculated values.

So the complexity of switching modes is hidden inside the
/algorithm/fminer/ (or any supervised feature selection) service.
I think it's a good idea, since it solves the problem of feature
dependency on dataset by controlling that the features are used only in
the context of specific parameter settings under which they were
calculated. Nice!

> We already did some brainstorming with TUM some time ago and they have
> implementation of FMiner to offer URI of descriptors.

What is the URI of this service? If it implements the above
functionality, I would be interested in using it for different purposes.
I had a look at http://opentox.org/dev/testing/testtoxservices but the
information seems outdated.

Best regards
Andreas

--
http://www.maunz.de

  The squeaky wheel doesn't always get the grease.  Sometimes it gets
replaced.