[OTDev] Bayesian Nets

Christoph Helma helma at in-silico.ch
Mon May 10 18:05:08 CEST 2010

In one of my webservices I am using R with the "rinruby" Ruby library to
calculate statistics, do pathway analysis (with Bioconductor) and to
create graphs. So far works without problems (in contrast to the
"rsruby" gem).  As Ruby and R communicate through TCP/IP sockets, it
should be fairly straightforward to wrap rinruby in a REST webservice
(i.e. POST R code to the service and get the results back) - it just has
to be done.

If we intend however to achieve full OpenTox compatibility we would need
to translate e.g.  Dataset representations into R objects (data frames,
...) and back - this does not look so easy (although I am certain it can
be done, maybe even better within R with an "opentox" package).

Excerpts from Rajarshi Guha's message of Fri May 07 16:21:23 +0200 2010: