[OTDev] BibTex web services

chung chvng at mail.ntua.gr
Tue Jun 1 21:47:34 CEST 2010

Hi all,
 We have a brand new BibTeX web service!!! Here are a few examples:

Get a URI list of all available bibtex entries on the server:
curl -H Accept:text/uri-list http://opentox.ntua.gr:2000/bibtex

Of course this is available in some more MIME types:
curl -H Accept:application/rdf+xml http://opentox.ntua.gr:2000/bibtex
curl -H Accept:application/x-turtle http://opentox.ntua.gr:2000/bibtex
curl -H Accept:application/rdf+xml-abbrev
http://opentox.ntua.gr:2000/bibtex

Delete all bibtex entries:
curl -X DELETE http://opentox.ntua.gr:2000/bibtex

Ask for a bibtex which is not found on the server (will return status
code 404). This will return an RDF document for the error report:
curl -H Accept:application/rdf+xml
http://opentox.ntua.gr:2000/bibtex/nosuchentry

Create a new BibTex entry:

curl -X POST -H Content-type:application/x-www-form-urlencoded -d
bibtype="Article" -d author="Some author" -d abstract="This is an
abstract for the bibliographic entry" -d address="10, Some Street" -d
journal="International Journal of UFO analysis" -d keywords="some
keyword, other keyword" -d year="1999" -d number="4" -d volume="100" -H
Accept:text/uri-list http://opentox.ntua.gr:2000/bibtex

curl -X POST -H Content-type:application/x-www-form-urlencoded -d
bibtype="Article" -d author="Some author" -d abstract="This is an
abstract for the bibliographic entry" -d address="10, Some Street" -d
journal="International Journal of UFO analysis" -d keywords="some
keyword, other keyword" -d year="1999" -d number="4" -d volume="100" -H
Accept:application/rdf+xml http://opentox.ntua.gr:2000/bibtex

curl -X POST -H Content-type:application/x-www-form-urlencoded -d
bibtype="Article" -d author="Some author" -d abstract="This is an
abstract for the bibliographic entry" -d address="10, Some Street" -d
journal="International Journal of UFO analysis" -d keywords="some
keyword, other keyword" -d year="1999" -d number="4" -d volume="100" -H
Accept:application/x-turtle http://opentox.ntua.gr:2000/bibtex

Of course you can post an RDF representation of a bibtex entry to the
server:

curl -X POST -H Content-type:application/rdf+xml --data-binary
@/path/to/bibtex1.rdf http://opentox.ntua.gr:2000/bibtex

You can also apply the DELETE method on a bibtex URI:

curl -X DELETE
http://opentox.ntua.gr:2000/bibtex/e029bf5d-e038-4f99-9eed-9edb357ba557

For the time the underlying database supports 20 different BibTex
attributes such as author, annotation, address, booktitle, etc...

[ No need to mention that DeciBell ( http://github.com/hampos/DeciBell )
manages all data transactions to and from the database :-)  ]

(Note that the services deployed on port 2000 do not include any
training services.)

Best regards,
Pantelis