[OTDev] OpenSSO now secure

Andreas Maunz andreas at maunz.de
Tue Jun 15 13:31:48 CEST 2010

Nina Jeliazkova wrote on 06/15/2010 01:19 PM:

>>> Quota support is something we had not yet discussed, but it is indeed
>>> important.
>>>

>> Is there some perspective of accomplishing this kind of authorization
>> using SSO or web services should take that on?
>>
> This is actually accounting, not authorisation, and we hadn't considered
> it at all.   I am slightly in favour of separating accounting from services.
>
> Andreas, what do you think?  Does OpenSSO provide a solution for AAA ?

No, I don't think it does. OpenSSO is originally designed to have a
single administrator for managing policies and not for different users
creating their individual policy (although this is in the pipeline of
development at the moment). Therefore, the aspect of controlling the
number of policies has been neglected.
Other aspects of accounting (e.g. failed attempts to authenticate) are
explicitly covered by a special logging service, but I don't think quota is.

Regards
Andreas