[OTDev] OpenSSO now secure

Andreas Maunz andreas at maunz.de
Thu Jun 17 13:06:26 CEST 2010

True, other parties (companies, organizations) may bring their own
OpenSSO instance.
Regardless of the implementation of the backend (OpenLDAP vs. OpenDS vs
....) users are always represented in a directory as described by Luchesar.
By simply federating OpenSSO instances (Federation is a matter of a few
clicks in the backend), we attach those other parties to the OpenTox
network.
Users can then use their original identities in OpenTox.

A.

Luchesar V. ILIEV wrote on 06/16/2010 09:44 PM:
> ...and, in the X.500 directory context, the two users' DNs would be:
>
> CN=someuser, OU=people, DC=opentox, DC=org
> CN=someuser, OU=people, DC=cadaster, DC=eu
>
> L.
>

> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 22:40, Luchesar V. ILIEV
> <luchesar.iliev at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> If you're talking about federations, then Plone users are still
>> unique. In the context of federations any UID consists of USER and
>> REALM/DOMAIN part, which solves the problem with duplicate usernames
>> (besides other things). So, all Plone users will in fact be
>> someuser at opentox.org, while CADASTER users will be
>> someuser at cadaster.eu.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Luchesar

>>> Not necessary.  We might decide to setup another OpenSSO server to host
>>> users from  e.g. CADASTER project, who might want to use another backend.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Nina

http://www.maunz.de

                To know recursion, you must first know recursion.