[OTDev] List of all resources and authentication

Luchesar V. ILIEV luchesar.iliev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 14:17:39 CEST 2010

Actually, unless the AA system is integrated into the OT services, I
don't see how you could avoid asking the AA server about _each_
resource. It doesn't make sense to request the list of resources to
which user "Bob" has access from the AA server just for a _specific_
OT service. And it also doesn't make sense to request the full list of
resources to which user "Bob" has access, when the service in question
actually holds only part of them.

And if there's a bottleneck concerning the number of resources to be
checked, that bottleneck would affect the AA server anyway: whether
you ask it resource by resource, or you request from it to process its
complete policy database.

Actually, a compromise that I see is to be able to ask not for single
resource/URI but for a list of resources/URIs -- with specific
token/user -- and then get in response only those URIs to which the
user has specific access (most likely GET, in certain cases probably
also POST). However, I'm not quite sure whether OpenSSO is able to do
this.

L.