[OTDev] Proposal: List of Tasks for the implementation of QPRF/QMRF editors and their integration in OpenTox

Martin Guetlein martin.guetlein at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 12 13:57:40 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Nina Jeliazkova
<jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 1:16 PM, chung <chvng at mail.ntua.gr> wrote:
>
>> Hi Martin,

>> > Hi Pantelis,

>> > You are actually right, that a user could start with a blank report in
>> > the editor. From my point of view, the normal use case would be that a
>> > report is created via report webservice, and can be viewed/edited with
>> > the editor.
>>
>> Why should the web service create  an empty report? I mean this is more
>> or less some
>> static information. I don't see any obvious reasons for having it
>> deployed on the web.
>>

> It make sense to have web service functionality to
> 1)create empty report
> 2)have different sections of the report exposed by URIs
> 3)update different sections of the report (by PUT / POST to the sections
> URIs)

This sounds sensible, and should work rather straightforward, just
following the report-(xml)-structure.

For example the title for qmrf could be accessed via:
http://<report-service>/qmrf/<report-id>/QMRF_chapters/1/QSAR_title

This should work as soon as rdf is supported as well.

Regards,
Martin