[OTDev] [IMPT] RDF for QPRF/QMRF reports

Martin Guetlein martin.guetlein at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 15 08:39:07 CEST 2010

Hi Pantelis, All,

I have a general question considering the Reach report formats
(QMRF/QPRF). I am wondering whether I should store each field of the
report (like e.g. qprf_report_xy/substance/structure_codes/SMILES), or
whether it is enough to only store links to the OpenTox-Resources like
compound_uri (further information could be retrieved from the compound
service).
(This was not totally clear from your suggestion, on slide 9 you wrote
that the compound identifiers like Smiles should be available in the
report, without more detailed specification.)

The first approach, storing mainly links to resources, would assure
that the report is consistent, and that there is no redundant
information. However the user can make changes only to certain fields,
and the report depends on other services.(This would require many
changes to the QMRF editor).

The other approach, storing each field, would lead to some redundant
information, but it would leave it to the user to make comments, and
add additional info to all fields (This is how it is implemented in
the QMRF editor). We of course could guide the user in the editors,
still the report could be inconsistent.

I prefer the second approach. What do you think?

Regards,
Martin