[OTDev] [IMPT] RDF for QPRF/QMRF reports

chung chvng at mail.ntua.gr
Thu Jul 15 15:18:08 CEST 2010

Hi Martin,
  Here is what I suggest to have a service that will allow querying in
the future and will be easy to implement:

1. The service receives an RDF representation of a QPRF report
2. Parse it and get the following information:
     i. Compound URI + Title
     ii. Model URI + Title
     iii. Algorithm URI + TItle
     iv. Applicability Domain URI + Title
   (Do not parse any other information)
3. Store the above in a Relational Database (in a single table) using
the report's URI as the Primary Key
4. Append a table column in that table pointing to a file on the server
where the complete POSTed representation of the report is found.

If one asks for a certain QPRF report, search for it in the database,
locate the file and return it as is. Later you can add querying services
allowing the clients to have a URI list of all QPRF reports that refer
to some compound or applicability domain etc...

Best Regards,
Pantelis

On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 08:39 +0200, Martin Guetlein wrote:

> Hi Pantelis, All,
>
> I have a general question considering the Reach report formats
> (QMRF/QPRF). I am wondering whether I should store each field of the
> report (like e.g. qprf_report_xy/substance/structure_codes/SMILES), or
> whether it is enough to only store links to the OpenTox-Resources like
> compound_uri (further information could be retrieved from the compound
> service).
> (This was not totally clear from your suggestion, on slide 9 you wrote
> that the compound identifiers like Smiles should be available in the
> report, without more detailed specification.)

All these information will be contained in the RDF of the report which
you can store as is.

Here, a reasonable question raises: Why store these information (e.g.
SMILES) since it can be retrieved from the compound URI by a HTTP URI.
1. There might be no compound URI: Users must be allowed to create and
store reports about compounds of their own that cannot be found in any
OpenTox database service.
2. The user might have added additional information that are not found
in the representation of the compound URI or may have added meta
information about the compound (comments, description etc) that might be
useful in the report.

After all I think it will be easier to store it as is and not parse all
of it.

Regards,
Pantelis