[OTDev] Some Initial Functionalities of the QPRF Editor

Vedrin Jeliazkov vedrin.jeliazkov at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 13:28:44 CEST 2010

Hi Pantelis,

On 21 July 2010 14:06, chung <chvng at mail.ntua.gr> wrote:

>  Well, we have 'compiled' it using Java 1.6 and have also tested it on
> Ubuntu, Debian, Mac OSX and Windows. Is it possible for you to try it on
> some other machine with a newer version of Java.

Yes, it works fine with:

java version "1.6.0_21"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 17.0-b16, mixed mode, sharing)

> Do you know if it is
> possible for us to enhance Java 1.5 compatibility somehow?

Well, if you compile it with Java 1.5, it would run in 1.5 and all
newer Java versions. It is up to you decide whether you would like to
provide such compatibility though. Besides the inconvenience of
switching your development setup to another JDK, this might also have
other consequences (e.g. if you rely on some features, which are
available only in Java 6 or even 7).

Kind regards,
Vedrin

PS: BTW, thanks for the bugzilla account -- I'll be reporting any
other potential QEDIT issues there.