[OTDev] Testing new RDF writer at http://ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg:8080/ambit2

Nina Jeliazkova jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 19:39:29 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 8:14 PM, Egon Willighagen
<egon.willighagen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Nina Jeliazkova
> <jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The reason is the default RDF serialization at this server was changed
>> today to use the streaming XML (StAX), rather than Jena for
>> performance reasons.
>
> Yeah, that should speed up things... do you have some numbers on the
> improvement?

Yes, we are running smokeping tests for few days, for a small  dataset
(~ 300 compounds) the response time dropped 5-6 times times,  for a
much bigger one with 6500 compounds it's not so drastic - only twice,
but then the file itself is quite large.

There is now (an experimental) parameter ?rdfwriter=jena  or
?rdfwriter=stax for dataset queries on both servers, so you could try
measuring as well.

>> This affects currently only serialization of
>> ot:Datasets, other resources still use Jena writer.
>
> I'll try with Bioclipse now...

Thanks,

Nina