[OTDev] Experiments with RDF

chung chvng at mail.ntua.gr
Thu Sep 30 20:33:15 CEST 2010

Hi all,
  During a round (rectangle in fact) table discussion in Rhodes we
questioned the efficiency of web services based on RDF and in particular
its OWL-DL variant. I gathered some statistics using ToxOtis while
experimenting with downloading and parsing datasets. Also we've tested
the performance  of ToxOtis in converting dataset objects into weka
objects (weka.core.Instances); the latter are useful to users of Weka.
These are preliminary results and we must not jump into conclusions but
we can start a discussion around some performance issues. Java
developers may use ToxOtis as a kind of client-profiler for their
services. Find attached a draft report that attempts to correlate the
size of a dataset with the computational effort needed for its parsing.

Best regards,
Pantelis S.