[OTDev] Experiments with RDF

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 17:14:53 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 5:08 PM, chung <chvng at mail.ntua.gr> wrote:
>> what happens if you use either of these:
>>
>> ModelFactory.createDefaultModel()
>> ModelFactory.createNonreifyingModel()
>>
>> ?
>
> If you think this is necessary, we can set up an experiment without
> ToxOtis...

Not necessary at all... I was just wondering... I read your reasons on
why ToxOtis needs an OWL model, and I have nothing to argue with that
choice.

Another thought... YourKit [0] has a free (as in beer) profiler for
Eclipse for Open Source project... You could consider running ToxOtis
through the profiler, and see where the bottleneck is in Jena... we
are using it for the CDK and Bioclipse, and while not Open Source, it
is a good tool...

Egon

0. http://www.yourkit.com/

--