[OTDev] R interface for OpenTox services

Om ompandey at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 14:17:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

This may be few starting points:

- There is a R package called rJava (http://rosuda.org/rJava/) which is a
simple low-level R-to-Java interface. *rJava* allows you to use R code to
create Java objects, call Java methods and pass data between R and Java.
- There is a R interface available called rcdk (
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/rcdk/index.html) which allows the
user to access functionality in the CDK, a Java framework for
cheminformatics.
- XML parsing (http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/XML/index.html) in R
- *Rserve* is a TCP/IP server which allows other programs to use facilities
of R (http://rosuda.org/Rserve/)
- Bioconductor (http://www.bioconductor.org/) provides tools for the
analysis and comprehension of high-throughput genomic data using R. This
pacakge has many tools for gene ontology

I have beginner level experience in using Java with R. However, I do not
have clear idea about how to map OpenTox data-types to R data-types. May be
one has to write RDF parser for R.

Thanks
om
JNU, India