[OTDev] OpenTox API quiz

Nina Jeliazkova jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 11:23:43 CEST 2010

Egon,

On 30 October 2010 11:57, Egon Willighagen <egon.willighagen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Nina,
>
> On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Nina Jeliazkova
> <jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do you have idea if it is possible to describe machine learning
> algorithms
> > via BO ontology ?  Or we need just to adopt a different ontology for data
> > mining algorithms.  Models are the ultimate objects coming from OpenTox
> > framework, they are being built and validated, this seems a bit different
> > from algorithms in BO.
>
> Please join the CHEMINF ontology group...

Could you send a link ?

> it's good that you will be
> there at the EBI in two weeks; you must talk to Janna... this is the
> ontology introduced by Leonid at the ACS meeting...

OK, I recall ... it  was rather huge one, but certainly problems to be
solved should be quite the same.

Actually, there is Opentox AlgorithmTypes ontology, which has data mining
related entries, but it is derived from a hierarchical classification from
pre-RDF OpenTox and there are no properties in there.  This one is also
interesting  http://www.e-lico.eu/ , because it allows to automatically
figure out which services are compatible and claims to be able to
automatically compose workflows.

Nina