[OTDev] /dataset/1/features does not include predicted features...

Nina Jeliazkova jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 12:48:54 CEST 2010

On 30 October 2010 13:13, Egon Willighagen <egon.willighagen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> with the help from Nina, I got calculating descriptor values working
> in Bioclipse, but realized that
>
> http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/dataset/11987/features
>
> does not include predicted features... which I can get with
>

> http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2//dataset/11987/?feature_uris[]=http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/model/9/predicted
>
> instead...

There is additional slash in your URL , the true one should be

http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/dataset/11987/?feature_uris[]=http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/model/9/predicted

> Is this part of the OpenTox API to have /features not list predicted
> values?

Well, the URL above returns a dataset, which contains feature URLs (if you
parse the RDF).  The long URLs above are dataset URLs, so not really a
deviation.

The original dataset URLs doesn't contain predictive values, that's why
/feature doesn't return them.

I'm afraid it's not strictly fixed in the API . Implementation - wise it is
done for efficiency , to avoid creating multiple new datasets on such
requests, but generate them dynamically. The RDF representation is the same.
We might decide to change this of course.  There is also a new proposal in
API 1.2 to be able to provide destination dataset, where the results should
be stored.

Alternatively, one can POST the URL above to the dataset service and get a
stable dataset URL.

Nina