[OTDev] R interface for OpenTox services

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 23:00:28 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Christoph Helma <helma at in-silico.ch> wrote:
> From a quick glance I would say it does not help with parsing OWL-DL. A
> quick question for those who are familiar with RDF usage in Bio- and
> Chemoinformatics:

OWL-DL works on the reasoning part of knowledge management, and in
principle comes after the parsing.

> I have the impression that most datasets and
> applications are using plain RDF, not OWL-DL - is this correct?

That would probably be fair to say, though the CHEMINF ontology does
use OWL-DL for classification of facts expressed, this is often not
needed for many kinds of data analysis we do at this moment.

Egon

--
Dr E.L. Willighagen
Postdoctoral Research Associate