[OTDev] API change - drop [] from query strings - what do you think?

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 10:27:14 CET 2010

Hi all,

from a user point of perspective, I am in favor of dropping the []'s...

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Nina Jeliazkova
<jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Let me remind that some services such as our filtering
>> service and the consensus modeling algorithm (under construction)
>> require arrays of data.
>
> There is no problem to pass arrays by parameters which name doesn't include
> any brackets. Parsing and interpreting the content of parameter content is
> not restricted in any way by its name.

Are there actually paramaters like 'feature_uris' and 'params' which
do not take an array? Intuitively, the 's' at the end of the parameter
names gives me enough hinting that the value is an array, and a good
place to formalize this would be the ontology.

Egon

--
Dr E.L. Willighagen
Postdoctoral Research Associate