[OTDev] Substructure dataset example

Christoph Helma helma at in-silico.ch
Mon Nov 22 14:35:27 CET 2010

Dear All,

I am sending in the attachment an example for representing substructures
as promised in todays meeting. It contains substructures from Andreas
BBRC algorithm, which have additional properties (p_value: statistical
significance, effect: activating or deactivating). All information about
the feature (smarts, p_value, effect) can be found in the feature
representation.

The presence of a substructure in a compound is indicated by a feature
value of "true" in the data entries. This allows us to represent
multiple occurrences of the same feature in different compounds within
the current API.

What we would need for representing substructures are additional
ontology entries for:

ot:smarts (ot:pValue and ot:effect for fminer features)
ot:Substructure

PS: With such a representation ot:Tuple and ot:ComplexValue can be
removed from the ontology (I think no one apart from me was using them
anyway).