[OTDev] Accounting and Tasks

chung chvng at mail.ntua.gr
Wed Dec 8 18:06:58 CET 2010

Hi All,
   I have some question, since we currently work on accounting and we've
managed to handle local limitations on the per user number of models and
running/queued tasks allowing for 2000 models, 1000 BibTeX entries and 2
asynchronous tasks (these bounds were chosen arbitrarily). With the
current set up, it is feasible (and easy) to provide to users lists of
resources that they have created, exploiting our local database and the
SSO identity service. The question is how this should be done? I was
thinking of a boolean URL parameter so that the request:

POST on /resource?onlyMine=true
Authorization:{token}

will return to the client the list of resources for which he is the
creator. But what would be of real interest, is to provide to the user a
list of URIs for all resources to which he has (any) access. Is that
possible or the only solution is to ask for authorization for each
resource in the list (which is out of the question due to the vast
complexity involved)?

Best regards,
Pantelis