[OTDev] A&A: Policy cleanup

Andreas Maunz andreas at maunz.de
Mon Jan 31 08:02:05 CET 2011

Dear all,

I see many of you using A&A facilities for test-driving their local
installations.
This is apparent through the use of host names without a top-level
domain (no fully qualified domain names (FQDN), such as 'localhost').
A problem is that people many times seem to throw away their testbeds
and forget to clean up the policies they created.
This results in a mass of policies taking resources unnecessarily.
Thus, I propose a scheduled garbage collection on the policy service
that cleans up policies without an FQDN every Sunday (let's say).
What do you think about it?

Regards
Andreas