[OTDev] presentation/testing, IQPC London, 17.00-18.00 CET, Feb 24

Christoph Helma helma at in-silico.ch
Wed Feb 16 15:31:24 CET 2011

> We should have (by now or at least asap)  a ToxCreate user service independent of the development versions that can support such situations with for say common 1-10 user situations, and this should be tested regularly.

Thats also on my wishlist!

We are following the development -> testing -> production release cycle,
and the current development version should address the problems that we
have with the current "stable" version.

The problem that we have with the new version is (a) poorly reproducible
(b) machine dependent (works well on some computers but not on others),
(c) leaves no traces in logfiles  and (d) seems to be located in 3rd
party libraries. This makes it extremely hard to debug and none of us
has a clear idea whats going on, asking on mailinglists did not yield
any responses.

Trying to solve these things under time pressure (and with hard
deadlines) would lead to to half baked solutions that are bound to fail
at another place.  So please give us some time to find out and
understand whats going on and to test thoroughly before we release the
next stable version. I am sure it will pay off in the long term.