[OTDev] AA moves to dedicated server

Andreas Maunz andreas at maunz.de
Sat Feb 26 10:54:06 CET 2011

Hi all,

Christoph, thanks for switching. Seems transition to the new AA server
has worked up to now (10:50 CET), see
http://ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg/cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi?target=IDEA-DEV.AA.TestWorkflow-1

What is special about the new server is its cloud-based approach: using
virtualization, the server's "hardware" is actually distributed across
several physical servers. I hoped this would facilitate upgrading and
perhaps also improve stability.
Currently, it uses 4 CPUs and 2G RAM, running OpenAM 9.0 on Tomcat
6.0.26 on Java 6 Update 12 on Debian Lenny.

Regards
Andreas

Christoph Helma wrote on 02/26/2011 10:07 AM:
> Dear all,
>
> I have just updated the DNS entries for opensso.in-silico.ch and
> opensso.in-silico.de.
>
> Best regards,
> Christoph
>
>> Just a reminder that AA switching will take place as designated below
>> tomorrow morning.
>> IPs so you can check if your DNS server is updated:
>> 178.63.18.76 (old)
>> 109.239.58.207 (new)
>>
>> Andreas
>>

>> Andreas Maunz wrote on 02/16/2011 02:27 PM:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> the date for switching the DNS entry for opensso.in-silico.ch to the new
>>> dedicated AA server has been fixed with Christoph for:
>>>
>>> Saturday, February 26, 10 AM CET.
>>>
>>> Altered DNS entries take some time before they are propagated across
>>> major DNS servers and caching mechanisms delay this even more.
>>> But by Monday morning, everybody should be fine.
>>> Database contents (policies) on the new server will initially reflect
>>> the state of Saturday, 6 AM.
>>> Thus, everything that is stored on the old server after 6 AM will be lost.
>>> The old server will be up at least until Monday.
>>> I will post the old and new IP adresses shortly before switching, so
>>> that you can check at any time if your favorite DNS server has already
>>> been updated.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Andreas

http://www.maunz.de

    I do know everything, just not all at once. It's a virtual memory
problem.