[OTDev] Dataset features in Ontology

Christoph Helma helma at in-silico.ch
Thu Mar 31 12:01:54 CEST 2011

> Christoph,
>
> Indeed there are no dataset features registered in the ontology service. We
> might register some of course.
>
> The query I am using in  ToxPredict is
>
> http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/dataset?feature_sameas=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.opentox.org%2FechaEndpoints.owl%23AcuteInhalationToxicity
>

> or in general :
>
> http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/dataset?feature_sameas=<urlencoded
> entry from ECHA endpoints ontology>
>

> There is also a set summary queries (recently introduced and not yet
> announced on the list), which are not in the API yet , but may be it make
> sense to include them somehow and invent RDF serialisation (there is only
> text/csv and text/html so far).
>
> http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/query/ndatasets_endpoint
>
> Hope this helps,

Thanks, this works as advertised! But how can I decide, which datasets
are ready for production use (e.g. to select the four relevant datasets

    dc:title "Benchmark Data Set for in Silico Prediction of Ames Mutagenicity" ;
    dc:title "Bursi mutagenicity dataset.sdf" ;
    dc:title "CPDBAS: Carcinogenic Potency Database Summary Tables - All Species" ;
    dc:title "ISSCAN: Istituto Superiore di Sanita, CHEMICAL CARCINOGENS: STRUCTURES AND EXPERIMENTAL DATA" ;

from 247 mutagenicity datasets), if I do not know titles in advance?

I have also observed that the dataset counts from
http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/query/ndatasets_endpoint differ
sometimes from the number of datasets retrieved by
http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/dataset?feature_sameas=<echa_entry>.
(Acute_toxicity_to_fish_lethality 15 vs 208, Mutagenicity 247 vs 248).