[OTDev] New developments - Jaqpot3 is up and running

chung chvng at mail.ntua.gr
Mon Apr 11 23:10:27 CEST 2011

Hi Nina, Vedrin, All,
    Thanks for the remarks.

On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 19:09 +0300, Vedrin Jeliazkov wrote:

> Hi Pantelis,
>
> I've adjusted the SmokePing probes to monitor your latest deployment
> on port 8080:
>
> http://ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg/cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi?target=NTUA

It's useful to have smokeping running on services. After a few days it
would be interesting to see how jaqpot3 performs under a heavier load.
JavaMelody mounted on http://opentox.ntua.gr:8080/monitoring is also
very useful for debugging!

> I've noticed some issues though:
>
> 1) curl -X GET -H Accept:text/uri-list
> http://opentox.ntua.gr:8080/model doesn't return anything and just
> hangs indefinitely
>  (therefore I've disabled all models-related probes)

Yes, I just noticed that and I fixed it. I had some problems with maven
(!) that's why I was late... Everything looks great now!
I tried the following shell script:

for ((  i = 0 ;  i <= 1000;  i++  ));
do
curl -H Accept:text/uri-list opentox.ntua.gr:8080/model > /dev/null;
done

According to http://opentox.ntua.gr:8080/monitoring (Java Melody) the
mean time was 2ms with max=3ms. There was a bug in my code before but
now I fixed it.

I solved my problems with Hibernate... I'm using plain JDBC with C3P0
and I can say I'm much more satisfied. I created a ToxOtis module for
that (ToxOtis-db).

> 2) https://opentox.ntua.gr/, where your documentation used to be
> located is not responding either

I'll put it back soon.

> 3) http://opentox.ntua.gr/ returns "Under construction"

I just set up this machine from the beginning (new OS etc) so some
things are missing for the moment.

> I presume you're in the process of fixing up things, so nothing
> serious to worry about -- just take care to fix those as well and let
> me know if you want me to re-enable some of the probes we were running
> in the past or define new ones.

In general things are stable now but we might have some minor issues
that will be easy to solve.

Best Regards,
Pantelis