[OTDev] Posting a new compound within an RDF dataset ...

Nina Jeliazkova jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com
Mon May 2 07:20:47 CEST 2011

On 1 May 2011 12:47, surajit ray <mr.surajit.ray at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nina,
>
> I made a query with :
> curl -X GET  http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/query/compound/C
>
> and got many hits.
>
> http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/compound/738/conformer/144568
> http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/compound/14190/conformer/154443
>
> (see attached RDF).
>
> The question is which to use ? Also if in future if the duplicates are
> going to be cleaned out which should we assume as the "permanent one"
> ? Or am I getting this wrong and all those entries are different ? If
> so how to differentiate between them ?

Duplicates might appear because :

1) these are different chemical entities , wrongly assigned the same
structure  in the dataset(s) imported , as here. It is clearer if you look
at the names, in this case they are all different entities :
http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/query/compound/C/all

or
2) on import it was requested not to match the structures and import as a
new entity.   (option as in the form on the top
http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/dataset?max=25 )

We have quality labels assigned in case of duplicates, but as the concept of
quality labels is not in the OpenTox API , this is not exposed via the web
services.  Perhaps this should change shortly, following a similar idea as
discussed recently for models / datasets status labels.