[OTDev] Token validity and long tasks ...

Nina Jeliazkova jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 08:17:04 CEST 2011

On 9 June 2011 09:30, Andreas Maunz <andreas at maunz.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Jun 2011 11:34:43 +0700, surajit ray
> <mr.surajit.ray at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Andreas,

> >> One solution could be to try to renew the token, while it is still
> valid.
> >>

> > Whats the mechanism to renew tokens ?
>
> I am not aware of any such (OpenSSO-internal) mechanism (which does not
> mean it doesn't exist, however).

I had in mind simply getting a new token, given a valid one is available.
However, if I remember right,  from a valid token one can retrieve the user
name, but not the password, and therefore will not have credentials to
request a new token.

Eventually, the service can get a new token with its own credentials (if
such exist), and assign the new resource a policy, granting access only to
the user, initiating the calculation - through the
discussed-but-not-implemented-so-far parameter "policy".

Regards,
Nina