[OTDev] OpenAM performance

surajit ray mr.surajit.ray at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 11:18:59 CEST 2011

Hi Andreas,

Just curious ... does Jiffy box provide an SDK for interacting with instance
like
http://aws.amazon.com/sdkforjava/

I find most other solutions compared to AWS very half baked. The amount
of functionality offered by AWS is truly very broad and it would make sense
to develop expertise in this domain.

Also they provide hadoop clusters for computation
http://aws.amazon.com/elasticmapreduce/

I think unless there are very good reasons to overlook Amazon, it would
serve the collective project better if we could develop around their
flexible infrastructure rather than just making simple "virtual servers",
which is essentially just abstracting the fixed hardware cost into a fixed
web based service cost.

Cheers
Surajit

Surajit Ray