[OTDev] help request

Vedrin Jeliazkov vedrin.jeliazkov at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 12:59:56 CEST 2011

Hi Luca,

On 4 August 2011 12:33,  <luca_settimo at vrtx.com> wrote:
> Hi all
> I would like to use tox-create or tox-predict locally (in my machine, not
> over the network). Is it possible or not?

Yes, it is possible.

> Can somebody help me and explain me how I can do that?

Links pointing to the most up-to-date information are collected here:

http://www.opentox.org/downloads

In  particular, for ToxPredict and its dependencies, please consult
the guidance on this page:

http://ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg/downloads/ambit2/

If you would like to setup and run all the stuff on a local box, then
you would have to install on a (preferably 64-bit) OS of your choice
(e.g. Linux, FreeBSD, Windows, etc.) the following pre-requisites:

1) A recent version of JRE (preferably Java SE 6 Update 26, available
at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre-6u26-download-400751.html)

2) A servlet container (preferably Tomcat 7.0.19, available at
http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi)

3) MySQL server (preferably version 5.5.15, available at
http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/)

4) Optionally install mopac and dragon (note their licenses)

Once you're done with the above mentioned steps, you can follow the
instructions at http://ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg/downloads/ambit2/ to
download and install ambit2.war, ontology.war and ToxPredict.war in
your servlet container. You could also download the MySQL dump
(http://ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg/downloads/ambit2/db/ambit2-2011051401.7z)
and import it in your MySQL server if you would like to use the data
that was collected in OpenTox. Alternatively, you could start from
scratch and populate your database with data that is of particular
interest to you.

Some further details on these applications are available in the
following article:

http://www.jcheminf.com/content/3/1/18

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,
Vedrin