[OTDev] Q-edit documentation

Pantelis Sopasakis chvng at mail.ntua.gr
Sat Aug 13 12:51:37 CEST 2011

Dear all,
	In the light of the deliverable report for QPRF reporting software, I
decided to write some documentation for Q-edit which will be available
at http://opentox.ntua.gr/index.php/blog/78-q-edit. For the time being,
it's just a draft but by Monday we'll have some very nice guidelines
online. It will be good to have a stable beta-version of Q-edit but for
that developers need some alpha-testing results.

Some experience from the OpenTox workshop I'd like to share:

i. Q-edit was not working on all platforms because of Java version
inconsistencies - some users had older versions of Java installed. This
although is explained here:
http://opentox.ntua.gr/index.php/blog/78-q-edit?showall=&start=1 and
shouldn't be a problem in principle.

ii. For some reason Q-edit failed to parse IBMC models.
@Dmitry: Could you send me the case for which Q-edit fails?

iii. On the laptop of one of the participants, Q-edit failed to load
anything; including compound info, model info etc.

These facts underline the need for consistent alpha testing. For
anything related to functionality or documentation please send an email
to me or to the development list.

Best regards,
Pantelis Sopasakis